Saturday, February 18, 2012

day ten

Your view on drugs & alcohol

Drugs
I am happy to say I've never done drugs, and probably never will. It's something that so many people do, or have tried, so I'm proud to be one of the few who haven't. There was a guy at a party once who told Mia and I to be proud that we've never done drugs. He said even if you try it that one time, it cancels out all the other times you never did. It's not worth it. It was really nice. I'm not saying drugs are terrible to do. Well, yeah some are but I'm going to focus in on weed because it's the one I can talk about the most. I don't judge anyone who smokes it. Honestly I know so so so many people who have done it, or do. Some people you'd be surprised about. I don't think less of them or anyone really because it's not my place to judge. I don't know their stories and really, it's not my body. If it's something you rely on for happiness, it's sad but i'm not one to judge. I also think in some ways it's safer than drinking. Although alcohol is legal it can really change a person. However, in the long run, smoking anything is so harmful to you lungs, and it messes up your memory and brain.

Alcohol
I'm starting to not be a fan of this stuff. I can't seem to handle even the slightest bit. But, I don't have a problem with people drinking. Like I said before, if you need it to have a good time, it's sad but many people do. I think it's ok to have a drink or two on the weekend, but I don't see how people can get drunk every night of every single weekend. Just say goodbye to your liver now. People are going to do what they are going to do. I don't want to judge people, but it's gross when someone is so drunk that they can't walk or talk or keep their own head up. Limitation seems to be a big problem. And it's so dangerous because people think they are okay, and get in their car and drive home. Not only are they putting themselves in danger, but every single innocent person out on the road as well. Alcohol can  be a lot of fun in moderation but it can really mess a person up, make them not think straight and even kill.