Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye 2011

I can’t believe what a whirlwind of a year 2011 has been. I remember this exact moment last year as if it were yesterday. Since then so much has changed. I’ve had many goodbyes, but just as many new beginnings and experiences. I’ve had many firsts, and many lasts. I graduated high school, had my last dance recital, went to my first party, had my first kiss, got my N, drove for the first time by myself, got my first real job, started and completed my first semester of college… this has been a crazy year. The most memorable for sure! I’ve lost friends, as well as gained friends. I’ve become so much more independent. This is also the first year that I’ve noticed that I am more outgoing. I think it’ll always be something for me to work on, it’s still one of my new years resolutions however I’m noticing changes in myself. I’ve learned so much in what seems like such a short amount of time. I can’t believe another year has gone by, but I really hope that 2012 bring just as much as 2011 did. It was a great year, so I have high hopes. For myself, I’m going to work on being more outgoing and really not caring what others think. I’m also going to focus, really focus on school and doing well. I’m going to try to overcome my slight addiction to nail polish and my newest addiction to earrings. I will have self control! I’m going to make more of an effort to spend time with the people I care about because I’ve learned that you never know what can happen. Also, I’m going to try to keep my room clean. Maybe some exercise, twice a week, wouldn’t hurt as well. So, there are plenty of things for me to improve on, but what I want most is for me to be myself and be happy. I want to learn and grow more. I want to be that person who always looks at the bright side of life, for the most part I do but I tend to complain about quite a bit as well. Recently I realized just how lucky I am. I don’t have a lot to complain about so why waste the energy? I feel like I have a lot more to say but I am done for now. Maybe I’ll add on tomorrow! If not, HAPPY NEW YEAR!