Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 21

Yesterday was an adventure! We started off going to the Macmillan Bloedel Conservatory which was neat. It was so pretty! There were Christmas lights and exotic birds everywhere. We spent a couple hours walking around and around again, taking a million pictures. By 7 we decided we should go to my uncle's house and eat. However we ran into a small problem. My grandma forgot to write down his address. Normally it wouldn't have been a big deal, but he recently moved so no one knew where he lived. After driving around for an hour, somehow I managed to remember it. Sometime in August, my uncle sent me his address and by some fluke, I remembered it! We finally unpacked all our stuff and were all a little grumpy but decided to go out for dinner. We came across Milestones so we decided to go in. Our waiter sucked, but the food was yummy! That left us feeling better so we popped into HMV because it's closing so everything was super cheap! We also went into Sears to get a Christmas present for my dad. Just in case he somehow finds my blog, I'm not going to tell you what it is, but lets just say it is regularly $60, and was on sale for $19.99! Anyways, then we were going to go to the Christmas Market but it closed at 9, so we went back to my uncle's apartment. We were going to do nails but were all so tired that we decided to watch a movie instead. I have no idea what it was, but it was cute! Then today, we got up and went to the Hyatt to look at the gingerbread houses. They are amazing! We also went into the Four Seasons because they have such beautiful decorations up. Then we stopped by the Christmas Market which was a waste of time. It looks neat from the outside but all it is, is tons of ridiculously overpriced food and little shops. Like $10 ornaments made from straw, and $9 wieners. That was kind of disappointing considering we spent $8 to get in! Oh well, now we know! We went back to the house and packed our stuff and cleaned up, and that was about it. Although it wasn't the perfect evening that we had planned, it was nice and did make me feel more in the Christmas spirit!