Friday, March 18, 2011

You are great

You need to know that. My friend, you are much too hard on yourself. I know you think I'm perfect and want my life, but I am definitely not the the kind of person who should be a role model. I'm not perfect, far from it actually. I have my flaws. Deep down, we all have inner struggles. I know you have your bad days, but think of how far you've come! Think of how your life started out. It's pretty great now. You're going to school-and doing well, you don't party anymore, you don't do the bad things you use to do. You said to me, "I haven't gone to a party in over a year. Sometimes looking at other people pictures makes me feel left out, but then I think about it and I would much rather be here with you guys, than at a party." That made me happy. Your life can only go up from here. You need to forget your past and what you've done. Or at least put it behind you. Thinking about it doesn't do you any good. I know you regret everything, but you can't change what has happened. It's made you who you are. You really are doing great.  I'm glad  you got your life back in order, and that you care. You are already planning on going to summer school, and school full time next year! You'll be caught up and graduated in no time! You have to keep working hard, and stop comparing yourself to me. You are your own person, and a great one at that!