Thursday, September 15, 2011

WOO!

So here I am, the first english class of college and my teacher asks us to pull out paper and a pen because we had 20 minutes to write an essay. I am panicking about how I'm supposed to write a whole essay about how academic writing is beneficial to whatever my future job may be  in 20 minutes, but to make matters worse she adds that this essay is worth marks. Let me tell you, I wrote like a mad woman! I used every minute, right down to the last 10 seconds. Yes, she had a countdown. When time is up, I'm freaking out because I totally thought I went off topic. I was positive I had failed my very first assignment. BUT, to my surprise, when the essays were handed back today, I got 4/5! That 80% people! I got 80% on my first essay! She also wrote some nice comments! I was so excited!! Great start to english :)